Top 10 Wedding Reception Songs 2016
2106 was a huge year for some of the greatest songs of all time. Songs with light, heavy, fun, sexy, and spunky themes. The reception dinner songs have remained pretty much the same year after year – Frank Sinatra, Lionel Richie, Celine Dion- but the after dinner songs are ever changing and moving to new tunes. Yes there will always be the infamous Y.M.C.A by the Village People and Material Girl by Madonna as “all crowd” entertainment but luckily for us we get to experience spinning what’s considered current and representative of the now! But is it really?
Here are the top 10 wedding reception songs of 2016:
- Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars – Uptown Funk
- Journey – Don’t Stop Believing
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who loves Me)
- Walk the Moon – Shut Up and Dance
- Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
- Pharrell Williams – Happy
- Neil Diamond – Sweet Caroline
- Cupid- Cupid Shuffle
- Ed Sheeran – Thinking Out Loud
- Black Eye Peas – I Gotta Feeling
As you can see, the most loved songs were not all created in 2016. Now we enter the wedding season for 2017 and can only wonder how many of these hits will find themselves on the most requested list. At Gold Starr Entertainment we are curious about your thought. Be a DJ for now and comment below. Which songs from the 2016 list will make it onto the 2017 most loved songs.